Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today

   Today I went to a dietician because I've been told that I need to lose some weight. Not that I'm fat but ballet dancers have to look like ballet dancers and I have been having enormous troubles trying to lose weight. In fact since I've been trying to lose more weight I've gained 5 pounds out of thin air. Feeling really frustrated that my efforts were getting me nowhere I called up the dietician.
   She took one look at my diet and said that the reason that I was getting really bad sugar cravings is because I had pretty much no protein or fat in my diet and only getting about 600 cal. per day so my body is in starvation mode and holding onto whatever fat it can get. So I need to eat more protein and fat and take supplements to help replenish all the minerals that I am losing during exercise.
   Interesting. It seems completely backwards that to lose weight I need to eat more fat and protein but we will see...

    I am just about to go watch Alina Cojocaru with the Royal Ballet in Giselle!!! It's being broadcast on TV and Giselle is one of her signature roles! I am so excited to see it =) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment