Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Update

   I have been sick for the past week with a stomach problem. It's extremely frustrating but it has given me some time to rest which is good in it's own way I suppose.
   During this time off I've  realised how lucky I am in all sorts of different ways. I am so lucky to be doing what I love.
    When you are dancing we just concentrate on the negatives.
 "I have to improve this, I have to get my leg this much higher, I have to turnout more, I have to lose weight".
   So often we lose sight of the positives and how lucky we truly are. Alright our profession is one of the hardest on your body and on your soul, but we are lucky that we are able to experience it. That we can get the training and the opportunities that so many others could only dream of.
     I had a great time performing at the Olympic venues. How many people are able to say that they danced on all those stages?  Perhaps the conditions were not very nice for dancing, slippery floors, outdoor performances e.t.c. But I danced there... and that feeling is pretty nice!
     When I living my life I get so caught up in the things I have to do that my life just seems like a complete and utter failure. All I focus on is what I have to do next, and after that, and then... I don't get a lot of time to enjoy the positive sides of things. I have to dance, do all my exercises, work and make money to dance, worry about money, worry about what I am going to do next year, do my online course, do errands, get everywhere on time, walk in the pouring rain all the time... it takes a lot out of you. Life suddenly seems like this massive to do list with no end. Even the planned relaxation time seems like a task... must scrapbook... must make earrings... and then it just becomes an added stress.
    Anyways after this week of staying at home I am appreciating my life a little more, which in my opinion is a good thing!
     Frances Chung and Gennadi Nedvigin in Balanchine's "Divertimento No.15.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment