Monday, January 4, 2010

Class Again =)

   Today we had our first day of classes after a long Christmas break!
I had such a hard time waking up in the morning and getting out of the house early. It was really nice to see all of my friends again and chit chat while we were warming up and stretching. I didn't feel too unflexible or weak, so that was good.
    However once I put my soft shoes on I realized that I had lost a lot of muscle in my feet over the break! My shoes felt quite a bit looser than usual and sure enough during class I felt my poor feet wobbling around when I was on demi-pointe. First class went well, I got some good corrections and while it wasn't the best class it certainly wasn't the nightmare I had imagined it would be.
    Then we had our lunch break, I ate my lunch with my friends talking about our holidays. After lunch I turned my iPod on and stretched for an hour and a half. It felt really good to loosen up all my joints again ( I did very little stretching during Christmas break). I also did lots and lots of theraband exercises for my feet, and ab work.
   Second class went really well too although it was quite nerve wracking! My muscles were quite tired and shaky and my quad muscle cramped up very painfully during adage.... not a good sign, I shouldn't have been using my quad. The principals of our school kept watching class through the open door and walking in and taking a good look at all of us. We knew that they were starting to do casting for our next performance so it made many of us nervous. Especially seen as we were wearing nothing but leotards and tights which are very unforgiving after Christmas time!
    We did extra jumps and then had a short pointe class which was lucky because many of us were in a lot of pain after all of the jumps we did! It is important not to overdo yourself on the first day back... even though I took it easy I don't know if I will be able to walk tomorrow!!!!
    Then the teachers had a meeting while we were left to practice on our own for half an hour (unusual and kind of scary). They were figuring out casting, I'm quite excited to find out what ballet we are going to do. There have been talks of Raymonda, Paquita, Spartacus, and even Swan Lake... I hope we do Swan Lake!!!

All in all a very good day and a great start to the new year <3

No comments:

Post a Comment