Friday, January 29, 2010

Fan Dance

   Today was quite the crazy day!
   We had a  run through of all the dances that we have been rehearsing and will be performing soon. All the teachers were at the front of the studio while we performed the dances. Two of the three pieces that I am in went very well but one of them was a disaster.
   I know the dance but we hadn't rehearsed it for a couple of weeks... which isn't usually a problem but this  time 3 of the girls who normally are in the dance were replaced, one girl was missing, and two new girls had been put in. So we had no idea where we were supposed to be!!! We all start out in a straight line but then the patterns get very complex and suddenly I realized that one of the new girls had learnt my spot!!!    
     Suddenly I was doing a position that I had never been in before and I had no idea where I was suppposed to be!!! Some of the other girls behind me in the line found themselves in the same situation. We all knew the formation but not where in it we were supposed to dance. It must have looked a mess but personally I think we did quite a good job of holding it all together... kind of. No one stopped dancing entirely and the formations ending up being o.k. but kind of hilarious because everyone was telling each other where we had to go. It was very messy.
    At the end of that dance the artistic director made it very clear that the Fan Dance would definately get more "rehearsal time". Thank god!

No comments:

Post a Comment