Friday, October 29, 2010

My life as a whirlwind

I'm back after having not written for a while.
Literally my life has been so hectic, these last two weeks have gone by in a flash.
  We haven't had a day off for a while because we put together the show for the Dance Centre. It was very stressful because we barely had three weeks to put an hours long show together, also two days before the show one my friend's back was too injured (she could barely walk) so we had to take her out and put new people in. On top of which we have been having overbearing Nutcracker rehearsals like crazy. On top of which I had shin splints, a ton of tutoring jobs, no time to go work out or relax really, on top of which my stomach problems started coming back and a million other things.
    On Wednesday we had rehearsal until 9:00 at night, on my way home I fell asleep on the bus and missed my stop (that is how tired I wish). Thursday (yesterday) we had the mini-show, we got to the Dance Centre at 9 to warm up. There was a lot of confusion as to where we were supposed to be and what we were supposed to be doing. The show was SOLD OUT and I had about 6 people coming without tickets! So I had to organize getting them on the waiting list during my warm up time. Blocking/ lighting was a bit of a catastrophe. We didn't have enough time to block all of the dances. By the time we were finished blocking it was only half an hour to the show. I didn't know if any of the people who were coming were able to get tickets. My stomach was a mess. I didn't have my eyelashes/ all my make-up on. Or my costumes sorted out (most of us had 4 quick, complicated changes and not very much space). And I didn't feel warm because I hadn't even had time to put my pointe shoes on to warm my feet up. I hadn't stretched and much as I would have like too. Ahhhh!!!
   Anyways everyone just put their head down and did what they needed done.
The show started and from then on everything went pretty seamlessly. I felt very content with most of my numbers and the best part was that my dad and Grandpa and our family friends managed to get in and see the show. A wave of relief flooded over me when I spotted them in the audience.
   I managed to do the Grand Fouettes in both of the pieces I had to do them in. I was so happy about that because they are a tricky step in general, a couple of months ago I would not have felt comfortable doing them. Especially in the theatre we performed in where it is very difficult to spot because it is all black.
   My turn were good though, I think sometimes I just have to relax into them and they work better.
   In the end I was happy about the show despite all the pre-stress. Actually I was super happy, because it went 1000 times better than how I expected it to go.

After the show we had to rush back to the academy and have our scheduled contemporary class (we had half an hour from the end of the show to get there).

After that I went home. Had 15 minutes to relax before I started tutoring.

Finally when my day ended I had a relaxing time with my family.... and I got to sleep in this morning =).

Rehearsal starts at 5:00, I think I will go swimming before then.

I'm sorry I haven't updated as often as I wish I could have... but as you can see, my life has been a whirlwind!

No comments:

Post a Comment