Thursday, August 26, 2010

Company Class

    I have had quite an exciting 24 hours.
Yesterday after Act 1 rehearsal for the Nutcracker I went to go see a performance at the Dance Centre with one of my friends. We watched Move the Company's small production. It was a collection of works that ranged from the amazing to the very, very strange.
   Some definite stand outs were Caitlin Griffin's solo that she choreographed that was based on Pandora's box. A piece choreographed by Lara Barclay (my old contemporary teacher) and danced by Cai Glover & Crystal Willis. And a piece by Jackie Lopez. My favorite was the Pandora's box piece. It was so polished, clean and stunning to watch!

Caitlin Griffin

    Back to my 24 hours, after going home and sleeping I woke up early and went to the gym and then at 12:00 I went and took company class with the new company Vancouver City Dance Theatre (http://www.vancouvercitydancetheatre.com/). That was really exciting and new for me!
4 of my friends are in the company so I was quite comfortable taking the class as it is open and it is also free so quite a lot of people take it. I really enjoyed watching the other dancers! There are 6 boys from Italy in the company and they are... technically brilliant. A couple were trained at La Scala and some others come from Napoli. So that was really great and I'm planning on taking class with them for the next week or so to stay in shape.
 I also got to watch the rehearsal for their upcoming performance The Dali Universe. From what I saw (Act 1) and what I've heard it is going to be a spectacular performance so I would really recommend that you buy tickets and support the arts community in Vancouver!!! The performances are going to be at the Playhouse on September 16th , 17th & 18th.


  That's all for now!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment