Saturday, August 7, 2010

Grand Pas Classique!

  During the past two days we have learnt the variation from Grand pas Classique. I really, really, really love it. It is one of those variations which is extremely challenging and is known to be super hard. I was so worried when our teacher said we were going to be learning it. It always has looked so difficult!
 Fortunately for me it is not as bad as I thought it would be.... actually I think I have fallen in love with it. I really want to get it coached so that I could perform the full variation for an show, competition or an audition video e.t.c. I really surprised myself when it was my turn to do the variation in variations class and I managed everything even all the releves on diagonal first time through. I didn't think I was able to do it but it was fairly easy for me =). The variation was for from perfect but I love doing it!!! And I love the music!!! And I just love it!!!
To understand what I'm talking about you should definitely check this video out. It has both Sylvie Guillem and Elisabeth Platel doing the variation. Personally I like Elisabeth Platel doing it better in this video.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXnPVTHtzVI


This is the Pas de Deux before the variations. Dancers are Elena Vostrotina and Dmitri Semionov from the Semperoper in Dresden... she has such beautiful legs and feet!!!

                               http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=932QPQDXvw0&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment