Sunday, August 22, 2010

Great Weekend!

  This weekend was my first full two day weekend in what seems like eons. It was fantastic!
On Friday we danced and were filmed which was quite nerve wracking but now I am "semi-officially" 2nd cast Flowers Soloist!!! Yay. I was so relieved that I didn't lose my part and that when we filmed it it went quite ok even though I was with a new partner (who was great =)   ).  That afternoon I went up to Bowen Island were my grandparents have a cottage.
    On Saturday morning my dad and I went out and did a photoshoot  in my practise tutu and pointe shoes around Bowen. It was really fun and we got some really good pictures. I definitely got some strange looks and when I was out on one of the docks that we shot on I got some applause and cheers. That was hilarious. I met a man who used to dance at the Royal Ballet way bak when it was still Sadler-Wells. And I also caught a fish (while wearing my ballet attire)!!! My dad wanted me to pose with the fishermen so I did and they let me hold their fishing lines when suddenly I felt a tug. It was the biggest fish I've ever caught off a dock, and right away too. I was so surprised!
      Another dock that we shot on was way out on the water. It was incredibly difficult to stay balanced, I almost took a "swandive" in a couple of times!!! Anyways here is a couple of pictures from the photoshoot.



Btw my dad is an amazing photographer... <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment