Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Holiday

I am on holiday now for a week which means that I don't have any scheduled classes which is very strange for me!
    Over the weekend I went to a market and was selling a couple of things I make including earrings, pencil holders made out of old pointe shoes, and cookies. I had printed out a bunch of pictures from the photo-shoot I did with my dad last weekend. So many people were interested in them that I started giving them away at the end of the day.It was quite exhausting because I was waking up early every morning to bake the cookies, spent the entire day at the market talking away and was busy in the evenings too. 
                        
My pointe shoes were all sold out by the end of the weekend!
However I did meet a ton of really great and interesting people at the market. It was really surprising that so many people have a close connection to ballet, and it was really nice to meet so many supportive people it really made me feel like something good will happen and there will be some way that I will be able to pay for my tuition and all of my audition expenses this year.

     It was very tiring and since I've come home it kind of feels like I hit a brick wall. Summer seems to have ended and it has been very rainy. I've stayed inside for most of the day, sleeping and resting up. My energy levels are at an extreme low. Yesterday I barely did anything besides getting my hair cut and going for a brief walk. Today I plan to go to the gym later on and also I am going to alter a couple of leotards that I have been planning to fix up for ages. Hopefully I will feel more energetic soon because I really don't want to spend my entire week off feeling lethargic! <3


Also please watch one of the girls who used to dance with me. She is dancing on So You Think You Can Dance Canada. She danced with the Washington Ballet for a while. Here is a video of her performing at YAGP when she was 17. I had just arrived at Goh when she got top 12 for YAGP that year. It was amazing to watch her perform it in person!


Kirsten Wicklund performing Esmeralda Variation
  

No comments:

Post a Comment