Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Paquita

  Another post!
We had class with Jean-Yves Esquerre today, I enjoyed his class and hope to learn a lot from him. He gives really good corrections. However at barre he noticed that my grands battements side are still a bit "hip hoppy" i.e. my hip moves too much... I felt kind of frustrated because  I have been working on it for soooo long. Seriously every time we do grands battements I think "Ok hips stay still, stay still, stay still"... Obviously my hard work in that aspect still hasn't paid off... grr....

 On a more positive note in repertoire class we are doing Paquita which I already know and have already performed. I would have liked to be learning something new, but the last time I did Paquita was so long ago that it almost felt like I was learning a new ballet (almost).
                                                  SFB performing Paquita (Yuan Yuan Tan)

After class I went to the Dancer's Transition Resource Centre. They are helping me figure out what I will do in term of funding my tuition next year. They were extremely helpful and I would recommend that canadian dancers look into becoming a member.
Check out the Dancer's Transition Resource Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment