Thursday, August 19, 2010

Last Couple of Days



  Last Saturday we had our demonstration day which lasted from 9:30-3:00!!! We were not dancing the entire time, class first, then contemporary then acting then ending with ballet including the Grand Pas variation, Paquita, and the Kingdom of the Shades for me. It was exhausting because we were so on edge. The schedule ran a lot earlier than it was supposed to so it was super stressful because suddenly you were being told this and then suddenly you were being told that. It was kind of crazy! To make things even better we were performing so all of the adrenaline was going through our bodies for a very long time. Most of the time when you are performing it is not for an entire day, you know when you are going to be doing what e.t.c (more or less). Anyways having adrenaline going for so long really wrecks havoc on your boy and most of us were stiff and very sore for the three days after the demonstation. Quite surprising what stress can do to you!
I enjoyed the performance. It was extremely hot inside the studio because of the weather and the fact that so many people were crowed inside. So sometimes I felt like I couldn't get enough breath, but it was ok. Nothing went wrong for me so I was quite happy =)
     For the last few days we have started Nutcracker rehearsals. We are going to be touring to Victoria with a smaller cast this year and Anna-Marie Holmes is not going to be around for the entire time so we have started rehearsing Nutcracker in August. It is very strange to be in the studio listening to Snowflakes while the sun is beating down from the skylights above.

   The good thing is that this year I am doing a soloist part in Waltz of the Flowers which is a lot more challenging than the corps. Still I don't know if I am just understudying it, 2nd cast or even maybe 1st cast. That is quite disconcerting because I really want to do it.... I really, really want to do it! But I know that the other girls are way better than me by far... but they also have significant roles in other parts. It is very confusing to me. I wish I knew what I was doing but I also don't want to know if it is going to be bad news. All I can do is my best so I am going to keep trying as hard as I can and I suppose we'll see what happens.
   Today I also went to the gym for almost 2 hours. I went on the elliptical for an hour and then did stretching and strengthening too. I have been going to the gym almost four times a week and have kept very active outside of dance too this summer. Not working very much has been great for my mind and body too. I think I am getting a lot more toned from all the ellipticalling I have been doing. It is a great machine because it is very low impact and doesn't make your joints hurt!
   <3

No comments:

Post a Comment