Monday, September 27, 2010

20 Pounds of Dead Pointe Shoes


 Tonight I sorted my way through 20 POUNDS of dead pointe shoes! I probably had about $3000 worth of old pointe shoes in my room. Thank you to all of my friends who have been "donating" their old shoes to me. I am making them into Christmas wreathes to sell at a craft fair this winter to help raise funds for my tuition (yet another thing).  So today I did the first step of grouping the same size shoes together, picking off all of the old ribbons and elastics and making sure they looked okay. What a lot of work!

6 comments:

  1. So cool. My friend did a thing kind of like that. She took all of her old/dead pointe shoes and made a big spiral with them on her bedroom wall. Can't wait for when I have enough dead shoes to do something like that of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool. It's to bad I don't dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how cool! I am a part of the St. Louis Ballet Company and hear stories of people doing creative things like that with their toe shoes. Now i regret just throwing mine away!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 04, 2011

    That's soo cool! I'm still on my first pair so it may take a while for me to do something like this lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 16, 2011

    haha i did something exactly like this last year! except my heart was just an outline and i only had like 12 pairs back then

    ReplyDelete
  6. pointeshoegalApril 26, 2012

    i just got on pointe and i don't even have my pointe shoes yet! bt i look forward to doing stuff like that in a few years.

    ReplyDelete