Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

   Today we had our first day back but we didn't actually have class just a meeting. It was nice to see my friends again, and meet the new people.

  Standing on the train today with all of the people going back to school there was a strong sense of energy. You could feel the fresh start, the ambitions, the new plans. The shiny shoes, clean clothes, outfits picked out specially for the day. It was a comforting feeling, like everything is going to be ok. Optimistic in fact.
     I was thinking about schooling, it seems like people never stop going to school. Like so much time is spent studying and studying, to do what? What I love about what I do is that I get to do my work while I'm studying it. I get to perform in front of thousands, it has a real life application. I guess that is what frustrated me the most about school. While I was stuck indoors studying math, and science. Other people were actually working and doing something with their lives. I was itching to get out there and go. I can't wait until the day that I am actually in a company.  It will be amazing!

 I definitely feel like things are spinning out of control. I really need a meeting with out director to figure out how this year is going to work out. I have been doing research on Canadian ballet/dance companies and my list consists of about 10 different places. It is a start, and today I am going to do my research on German/ European companies. Travel is going to be interesting + I really need to start getting a couple of variations together and coached so that I can get my audition video sorted. I am worried about how I am going to organize that especially seen as I don't have enough money to pay for my tuition.

Our director with us in class. A reporter was watching our class which was very nerve wracking especially seen as he didn't know all the much about ballet. His article can be read here Ballet class

 I paid for my uniform in one and two dollar coins today. 7 pairs of earrings or 48 cookies. Dollar after dollar. The uniforms are ok although I know that the actual price cannot have been very much because the leotards like it that are sold in china cost only $7. It cost us $48 per leotard. They are eggplant purple with mesh sleeves. The only problem is that the sizes are extremely small. The two tiniest girls are a medium which means the small doesn't fit anybody and the medium tall fits the smallish people. Tall people are going to have to wait!... Or we will all just have to starve to death, which might be an option too...

No comments:

Post a Comment