Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Official Day Back

   Today was our first official day back at dance.
We had ballet class with one of my favourite teachers who has been sick for a while. I thought that it was going to have an ok time... I hadn't taken a class for about 9 days which is  very long time but I thought that seen as I have been very active during my vacation I would be in pretty good shape. I have been running almost every day, swimming, water skiing, I thought I would be all right!
Royal Ballet School Student  (look at that foot!!!!)
    That was definitely not the case! I was so much weaker than I expected to be. My demi pointe didn't feel very strong and my turnout was awful. It was such a surprise I had to think about my turnout so, so much and it felt at least 10 degrees less than usual. It was terrible. So that really frustrated me the entire class. I felt like the back of my legs and my inner thighs were not co-operating!  It was also really interesting that a lot of my co-ordination deteriorated. Fortunately I don't think it will take long to come back. Doing petit allegro my legs were doing strange things!

Nicole Ciapponi at the Genees 2 years ago, she received silver that year, this year I have two other friends who are going,  I hope they do well!!! (picture is from Dance International Magazine )
   By the end of pointe class I started to feel a little bit better, a little more turned out and co-ordinated so that was good. Pointe class was almost 2 hours long though which was a little tough on the first day. That was it though, we ended at 1:00 which was super early. I stayed by the lockers and hung out with some of my friends for a while catching up with them. After that I went and got some sore throat medicine and went to the gym where I worked out for an hour and a half.
   By the time I finally got back home it was already 6:00,  I was very surprised! I just had soup and salad for dinner and am about to do a lot of stretching tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment