Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Quite Tired but Content

    Today was a long day for me!

Firstly I woke up and went to the gym at 6:00 in the morning with my mum. That was fun... actually I was very surprised at how many people were there that early in the morning.

Then I had ballet class for an hour and a half.

After which we had pointe class/ variations for two hours. We did Kitri's Act 3 variation which I quite like but I was not feeling very confident in today. The level of the class this year is quite a bit higher than last year so I don't feel as confident however that makes me have way more drive to succeed. I see my friends doing something well which makes me want to practise it more too. My fouettes have taken a turn for the worse which I was frustrated with but fortunately my teacher was very reassuring and said that they will come back really soon. On a positive note my actual pirrouettes en pointe are getting better. I feel a lot more centred doing them.
p.s If you want to see what fouettes look like click on this link, this is my friend Hiroko just fooling around after class, she is an amazing turner!!!

After that we had character/ mime class with our Russian teacher for two hours. We were in a tiny studio so we couldn't really do much. We learnt an old variation from a Russian ballet that I do not know the name of as well as an acting piece from another Russian thing that we do not know the name of. We don't really know the story line behind the acting/ character dancing/ very confusing piece. It was fun although none of us could do it right because it involved so much co-ordination.

After that I went to the coffee shop with my friends to catch up on the news from the past few days.

So much for now, I have to keep doing my company research <3

No comments:

Post a Comment